About Management Information Systems
The Master of Management Information Systems (MMIS) program in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University offers students an opportunity to make a difference in the organizations where they work. Understanding Big Data is a must-have skill in today's job market. MMIS students compete in the marketplace with solid database, web development, business analysis, and IT strategy skills.
MIS-related professions are projected to have the strongest employment outlook with high wages through the end of the decade. Our master's degree will change the trajectory of your career.
Program highlights include:
- High Job Placement Combined with High Salaries
- Solid Database and Data Analytics Coverage
- Premier Faculty Research - Publications, Grants, and a Patent
- Cohesive Student Culture - BI, E-Commerce and Business Analytics, AIS (Two National Champion Teams)
- STEM Designation
- AACSB Accredited
For more information, visit https://huntsman.usu.edu/mmis/.
The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business may charge differential tuition for this program. Differential tuition is an added cost per credit for courses in the program. Contact the department or see the last page in the USU Tuition & Fee schedule for more information about the cost of this program.
Students who don’t have a business undergraduate degree are required to take prerequisite classes to satisfy AACSB requirements. Students must complete all prerequisites prior to starting the MMIS coursework, but not before application to the program. Specific information related to prerequisites is included in a student’s acceptance letter.
- ACCT 2010 - Survey of Accounting I (Financial)
- FIN 3400 - Corporate Finance
- STAT 2300 - Business Statistics
- Programming in an object-oriented language
These can be taken individually at any college or university as long as the course is approved with the MMIS Office. Please speak with our office to discuss any questions.
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 45th percentile on the GRE or GMAT (both verbal and quantitative)
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
International students have additional admissions requirements.
The career outlook for MIS graduates is exceptional, with possibilities including the following:
- Chief information officer
- Quality assurance manager
- E-Commerce system developer
- Business systems analyst
- Software support specialist/trainer
- Database application programmer
- Information system security manager
- Database administrator
- Project manager
- Data analyst
- E-Learning specialist
- Decision support/business intelligence specialist
Utah is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and Utah State University (USU) is an approved SARA institution, which means we adhere to established standards for offering post-secondary e-learning programs in all member states. Please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state and our process for student complaints against the university.Back to all degrees