About Career & Technical Education
This 100% online professional degree program is designed to meet the needs of practicing educators and engage prospective educators in the Career and Technical Education profession.
This degree does not require a thesis and can be completed in as little as two years (five semesters, 33 credits). The School of Applied Sciences, Technology, and Education web page outlines required coursework.
Graduates with a CTE MEd will have the skills to improve their teaching as a highly-qualified teacher and become an educational leader in Career and Technical Education school administration. Graduates work in secondary and post-secondary educational institutions without a formal appointment in research.
Students who have met the following requirements will be eligible for acceptance into the degree program.
- A bachelor’s degree in a career and technical education or related program from an accredited institution.
- A 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended are required.
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the Miller Analogy Test (MAT) or score at or above the 40th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative components of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). You may retake this exam multiple time, but you will not be accepted into the program until you score at or about the 40th percentile.
- Three letters of recommendation. The applicant provides email addresses of three individuals during the online application process. USU will contact these individuals for their recommendation.
- If you would like to begin the degree You may register for up to 12 credits of the degree courses, but will not be allowed to take any more courses after that until you are accepted into the program.
- Teacher (advanced pay scale)
- Post-Secondary Educator
- CTE Director
- School Administrator
Utah is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and Utah State University (USU) is an approved SARA institution, which means we adhere to established standards for offering post-secondary e-learning programs in all member states. Please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state and our process for student complaints against the university.Back to all degrees