About Aviation Science
The Master of Aviation Science degree is a 100% online professional degree program which provides students with the flexibility to pursue an advanced degree in Aviation. Graduates will gain skills that will help them in their profession, can expect increased earnings, and will possess the credentials to explore new career opportunities in any aviation field. All courses are available online. Most students in the program take two-three classes (6-9 credits) per semester.
Students from any undergraduate background with aviation experience or an aviation Bachelor’s degree are welcome to apply.
- Complete the online application (Pay close attention to the essay question in the online application. The response will be used in admissions decision)
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on in the GRE or MAT
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
International students have additional admissions requirements.
With a master in aviation science , students may pursue careers in the following areas:
- Professional Pilot
- Airport Manager
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Flight Safety Program Manager
- Ground Safety Program Manager
- Aviation Faculty
- Aviation Safety Consulting
- Accident Investigation
- Safety Inspector
Utah is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and Utah State University (USU) is an approved SARA institution, which means we adhere to established standards for offering post-secondary e-learning programs in all member states. Please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state and our process for student complaints against the university.Back to all degrees